OBD-2 Testing Update

I finished testing the OBD-II adaptor board this week on a Toyota Camry. As you can see in the picture the board had a few bad connections, but nothing that couldn’t be fixed with a few jumpers.

I was able to get a number of stats from the free Torque Android app like
  • Throttle position
  • Engine PSI
  • Collant temperature
  • Engine Load
  • A number of Diagnostic Trouble Codes
  • O2 sensor voltage
  • Revs
One interesting note I learned was the evaporative system test reported as incomplete, which Toyota supposedly repaired during my last visit!
Next up, test the remaining OBD-II protocols and bluetooth range. Expect a new revision in a few weeks.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s