Note: This is a very basic prototype and it not meant for consumers at this point and the pricing for the plans are not current.
I built a simple web service that compares Canadian cellphone plans. It can be found at http://cellgauge.alwaysdata.net. Just upload a previous bill from Rogers, Bell or Fido and get a recommendation on which plan you should be using. You also get graphs about your usage. Hosting is provided by alwaysdata for free so please excuse the speed of the site.
- Only reads Rogers, Bell or Fido bills
- Only compares plans from Bell, Fido and Telus
- Only compares based on monthly minutes in plan (charged using carrier rate if you go over), evenings and weekend usage, free 5 friends calling
- No long distance support
- The carrier’s plan data is not updated automatically
- No text messaging or data support